Sunday, April 27, 2008

First Visit to the ER

Who knew that THIS could send my baby to the emergency room --


Yes, we had our first visit to the ER Saturday evening. I knew that having a boy meant we would have some visits to the ER in our future, but I didn't really expect it to be so soon!

He fell on top of that tupperware container when he tripped going full speed and it sliced his nose. The bleeding stopped soon enough and Will was fine within about 10 minutes (he is such a trooper), but we were worried that the gash was wide enough and deep enough that it might leave a scar. After some contemplation and discussion, we decided to tote Will to the ER. Better safe than sorry! Thankfully, Grandpa met us there to help entertain Will for the TWO hours it took to be seen.

Will was very brave as the doctor cleaned up the wound. They put dermabond on it (that sticky glue stuff), and all was well. Now, my poor baby just has a cut on his perfect little nose....
(You can kind of make out the perfect circle scratched into Will's face by that tupperware container in these pictures.)

3 comments:

Marie said...

Poor little guy! Sorry you had to go through that!! So glad he didn't have to get stitches!

Julie said...

Oh no! Glad he is okay. Give him a kiss from us. Children heal so well, I bet you won't even be able to see a scar a year from now.

It took us 5 years to make it there with Alex and only 2 for Charlie. I am sure we will have a few more visits before it is all done!

Jennifer said...

OH no! Poor thing! So glad he is okay! And so glad you are okay, too -- I swear, sometimes things like this are harder on the parents than the child.