Despite the fact that Will's infatuation with Buzz is waining, I think he will still practically pass out in excitement when he sees this. With everything that has been going on in our lives the past 6 months, I am beside myself with excitement about our upcoming trip. Will needs it and Ellis and I definitely need it. (Anyone who knows me well and knows my love for Disney would understand the level of excitement here.) I still don't know how I convinced Ellis to go to Disney over Thanksgiving instead of gorging on turkey, except that the prospect of trekking twin infants back and forth for turkey celebrations was not hugely appealing. But we are headed down the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, staying for 3 magical days, and headed back on Saturday to beat the traffic and have Sunday to spend with the girls.
This would not even be possible if my parents had not agreed to watch the girls for us. I am so incredibly grateful to them!
We have not told Will, and might not until we start driving down to Florida. Two reasons: 1) Will would constantly ask if we were going tomorrow, tonight, today, etc and 2) most importantly, we do have twin infants and anything can happen with them. If we end up not being able to go, I want it only to be my heart that was broken over it - I couldn't stand to see Will's face of disappointment if we had to cancel.
But I'm dropping hints to Will, gearing him up for the vacation. I occasionally show him the Disney website and we check out videos about the attractions at the parks. We talk a lot about the fact that Buzz, and Woody, and Mickey and Cinderella, and the Incredibles, etc etc all live at Disney World and it would be fun to go one day.
I seriously can NOT wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment