Today we had to say good-bye to our beloved kitty, Mitzi. Eleven years ago, two months after we were married, Ellis and I found this sweet little kitten at an adoption center in town. Mitzi could be ornery, was hell at the vets, and didn't take too kindly to strangers - but she was so loving and sweet to us and very good around our children.
We knew for about 4 months now that Mitzi had some terminal illness. Mostly likely, she had a cancer in her liver that spread over time. But, over the weekend, we realized that her time was near and she was mostly likely in a good bit of pain. This morning was hard - much harder than I though it would be. She was a really sweet kitty to us.
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so sorry Emily! I remember her as a kitten. I think you had just gotten her right before law school. Daisy is having liver problems too. I know it must be hard. I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment