Or should I say "HELLO Baby"? Its official - I am definitely showing now. I'm still a little bit shocked by how fast it happened (and worried about stretch marks because it happened quickly). It was only about a week ago that I just had a little pudge that made me more self-conscious than anything else. I could still fit in my own clothes and just looked like I'd had a really big cheeseburger lunch or something. As for weight gain, I had not gained any weight since I became preganant. (I actually lost some weight because I had the great pleasure of dealing with a stomach flu when I was only about 5 weeks pregnant.)
But in just the last week, I've grown a belly and gained 4 pounds! I bought some maternity clothes from gap.com before our vacation because none of my shorts fit anymore and, I must say, it was so liberating to wear comfy, stretchy clothes that just let my belly hang out there all week long. (Maybe Baby Farr was so happy to have some more room to breathe that he took a big stretch and took this past week to grow! :) )
As if I needed any confirmation that I really "look pregnant" now -- Jennifer, Julie and I were at the grocery store over vacation and the girl bagging the groceries looked at me and said "so do you know what you are having"? After getting over my surprise, I replied "I don't know yet, but I think I'm having a boy." I was initially embarrassed about it - but am now really excited that I finally look pregnant!
I've changed enough that now I have NO idea what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow. The idea of putting on those restricting pants and skirts does not appeal to me. As most of you know, I work in a law firm that is pretty formal in work attire. I usually wear suits everday - and sometimes wear pants and sweater-sets. I dread the thought of trying to squeeze into any of those clothes. Unfortuantley, I've found it really difficult to find good work maternity clothes. Gap.com has great stuff and cheap prices - but they are all out of my size in the trouser pants they carry!! :( So - if anyone has thoughts on other great websites I can order some work clothes from (or a store you know of in town that is worth looking at for maternity clothes)- please let me know! My wardrobe (and growing baby) will thank you!!
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look better than ever - you definitely have that glow about you!!! I am so glad your pregnancy is going so well, and you feel so good!
Wish I could help more with the clothes issue. I think I pushed the limits with my work attire - going pretty casual!
Yay! I'm glad to hear you're finally showing...I know you don't like people looking at your belly, but I'm curious to see what you look like! I bet you're adorable!!
As for clothes- have you tried the Target or Old Navy maternity sections? I lived in Old Navy maternity clothes!
Post a Comment