Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FIRST STEPS!

Our little man has started to get a handle on walking! I knew it was right around the corner, but I still can't believe it. The other night, as Ellis and I were getting Will ready for bedtime, Will let go of an ottoman he was holding on to and took a step forward. Ellis gasped and I shrieked, so Will immediately plunked down on his bottom (and grinned and giggled at us).

But tonight, as soon as Ellis and I got home, we took turns getting Will to walk to each of us. He did it assisted (holding on to a finger or two), but really had a handle on the "mechanics" of walking. The boy LOVED it. Just laughed and giggled like it was the best thing.
Then, a little while later, after dinner, I set Will down on the kitchen floor on his two feet. He stayed standing and then took a couple steps to me until plopping back down on the floor. Of course, I shriekd hysterically and gave him a gigantic hug and kiss.

Y'all, I seriously cannot believe how much Will has changed in just the last week. He is not a little baby anymore, but growing into a little boy. He really interacts with you, which has become tons of fun for Ellis and I. Some favorite new games? Hide n' seek, chase (he chases you or the other way around), throwing the ball back and forth, playing peek-a-boo, and knocking over a pile of blocks after you stack them in a tower. Will just absorbs everything around him, and then shocks us with something new almost every day. (Like today, when he picked up the cat's toy (after seeing me use it once to entertain Mitzi) and immediately using it the way you are supposed to, watching for the cat's reaction. (See video below))
I just love him so much. I could just smother him in kisses and hugs nowadays.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a big boy! They do change so fast at this age. Hope we get to see him soon!