Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Backyard Project

One of our big projects this summer was to finally get the backyard in shape and make it a place Will can really explore and have fun in (and a place that we would enjoy too). Last fall, we replaced the fence. This spring, we had a horticulturist come in and develop a landscape plan and bring in all the plants. I love to work in the garden - but this was too big for me to think of. It was great to have someone else do all the heavy lifting, and all I have to do is enjoy it (and maintain it, of course). We are so pleased with the final outcome!

Will has been amazingly good about not stomping on the smaller plants. Although, today, we worked on smelling the flowers only and not trying to grab and smush them!
Some of you have asked to see pictures ... so, here ya go --

BEFORE:

AFTER:

4 comments:

Julie said...

It looks great!

Amber said...

What a change! It looks so nice.

Marie said...

WOW! I bet you will really enjoy that backyard! What a great transformation!

Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful! I am jealous! Our backyard is a huge red clay pit right now after all the leveling for the playset. Ugh.