I had a wonderful time this past weekend with the girls in Hendersonville, NC, at Camp Ton-A-Wandah. I have to admit I am having a rough time getting into the swing of things at the office today. It was great to act like your 10 again - making arts and crafts, swinging on a ropes course, singing silly songs, dancing to a DJ, making smores by a campfire ... and just hanging with your girl friends. I am super proud of myself for doing the ropes course, which made my heart race way faster than it did when I was 10!
I relied on the girls to take pictures, so take a look at Gwen, Julie and Jennifer's blogs for pictures. (See links in the post directly below.) I am already looking forward to next year's adventure!
I tried to upload the schedule, but blogger does not like pdf files. So here it is re-typed:
Grown Up Girls Getaway Schedule
FRIDAY
4:00-6:00 Registration (Linden Hall)
4:00-6:00 Tour of Camp/Get to Know You Games (Bridge by the Dining Hall)
6:30-7:45 Dinner (Dining Hall)
8:00-9:30 Wacky Olympics (Gym)
9:30-until Smores (Tribal Ring)
Music (Tribal Ring)
Movie Night (Little Rec)
Games (Dining Hall)
Star Gazing (TBA)
SATURDAY
8:30-9:30 Breakfast (Dining Hall - coffee will be available starting at 7:30)
9:30-10:00 Activity Sign-Up (Dining Hall)
10:00-12:45 Activities
1:00-2:00 Lunch (Dining Hall)
2:00-2:30 Happy Nappy (Cabins)
2:30-5:30 Activities
5:30-6:15 Shower Time
6:30-7:45 Dinner (Dining Hall)
8:00-10:00 TAW Talent Show (Little Rec)
10:00-Until Karoake (Little Rec)
SUNDAY
9:00-10:00 Breakfast (Dining Hall - coffee will be available starting at 8:00)
10:00-11:00 Closing Ceremony (Little Rec)
11:00-12:00 Free Time (finish activites, pack etc)
12:00 See you next year!
Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We really fit a lot into that time, didn't we! I loved sharing Ton A Wandah with you all!
glad you learned to knit. i love it! :)
Post a Comment