Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Love You"

The sweetest, most precious words came out of Will's mouth to me last night. Ellis and I played with him and got him ready for bed together last night. As he nestled in Ellis's arms for bedtime stories with his pacifier and lovey, I kissed him, told him to sleep well, and then said "Love you!" And you know what he did? Looked at me and said "Love you" back to me. Tears totally welled up in my eyes and I think my heart almost swelled out of my chest with those tiny little words.

We have not been getting Will to say "I love you" back to us or anything because I wanted him to say it when he wanted to and when he understood a little bit of what the words meant. I think love is a very abstract concept for a toddler to grasp, but he obviously knows it means something special.

My dearest little William, I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Marie said...

That's the best, isn't it? I got chills reading your post. Sweet Will. :)

Julie said...

So sweet!