Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Breaking All the Rules

So, last Saturday, Mommy broke all of her rules - forget nap time, forget bedtime before 8pm, forget germs in nasty muddy water, forget "you'll get sick if you play in the rain", forget ruining your clothes and soaking your tennis shoes. And you know what? Saturday was a GREAT day for Will, and his Mommy & Daddy.

He started off the morning playing on "jumpy castles", as Will calls them, at our church's annual fundraiser/festival. Then, we piled into the car and drove to Greenville so he could have more fun on "jumpy castles" at Alex's 4 year old birthday party. (I seriously can't believe he is 4!) Will had a blast. He is still talking about the slide on Batman (one of the inflatable things was a huge Batman with a slide). Will can even sing the theme song to Batman for you. And I managed to snap a couple of pictures:


(The birthday boy! )
Now, the birthday party was over at 5:00. Although I was concerned about the time and the long day that Will already had ... we decided to drive on over to see Nanny and his cousins. We had hoped to see Kate play in her softball game, but it got rained out. Instead, Will got a chance to hold one of Nanny's little teensy kittens.


Even though it looked like it would pour any minute (and did rain a little), we all decided to go fishing at the pond near Nanny's house. And it was the best spontaneous trip we've done in a long time .... Ellis finally got to do some fishing, and Will ... well, the pictures say it all ...





Yes, that is a gigantic mud puddle that he and Anna found. I grimaced, and looked the other way as they splashed and squealed, trying not to think of what might be IN that puddle. They were soaked from head to toe, but were the happiest kids. Will slept peacefully all the way home, hitting his crib about 10:00 that night.

The best part for me? (Certainly not the fishing because I still go down in history as the worst fisherman ever, failing to ever reel in the fish that is biting on the end of my rod. But that's a whole other story.)

No, it was capturing perhaps my favorite pictures of my two boys to date:



3 comments:

Julie said...

very nice, glad you had such a great day!

Jennifer said...

OOOH such good pictures!

I even grimaced a little about the mud puddle, though!!! Ha! I know Will had a blast!!! Alex would have been 100% with him on playing in the puddle!

Amber said...

Those pictures are so sweet.