Monday, May 25, 2009

Rice Krispies Treats

A rainy day activity:






Will was actually a much better "helper" in the kitchen than I though a 2 1/2 year old would be. He took the wrapper off the butter, stirred the marshmellows until they melted (even over a hot pot ... with my constant supervision ... he stayed clear of touching it), and stirred the rice krispies in. Once the rice krispies started sticking to the marshmellows, his attention turned to just eating as much as he could with a spoon!

We didn't even make that big of a mess, surprisingly!

3 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Yum, I may have to try those soon. My kids think rice krispies treats come from a store (and the pre-made, packaged ones are gross!)

Marie said...

OH yum!! I just made some of these the other day with strawberry marshmallows and brown "crispy rice" found in the organic cereal aisle- they were delicious!! I have to admit that neither of my girls were aware they existed until the last square...