Friday, February 04, 2011

My Baby Girls

Yes, I know I owe the girls a post already. I just did a very long one for Will below, so I'm going to "cheat" and give the quick low-down on where they are now.  Then, I hope to keep this blog up better and more smaller, up-to-date posts about each of them as time goes on.

My goodness they have changed since the last real post about them last November.  They are both crawling, sitting up with ease, and pulling themselves up to standing.  They are exploring every nick and cranny of the house and finding out the delicacy of cat food and the fun of stairs.  Their cribs are moved down to the lowest level and they don't sleep in swings anymore.  They barely eat baby food, eating almost only "grown-up" food.  Catie has 2 bottom teeth halfway-in, and Carter has 1 bottom tooth coming in.  They both drink the same, regular, milk formula at last - Hooray!  And now they are 10 freakin' months old!  I can't believe it!

Here are their stats from their 9 month well-visit one month ago (they are still so tiny!):
Catie:
Weight: 14 lbs (less than 5th percentile)
Height: 25 5/8 in (less then 5th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 1/8 in (7th percentile)


Carter:
Weight: 17lbs (20th percentile)
Height: 27 7/8 in (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 1/8 in (30th percentile)




Catie (aka Catie Bell, Catie Bug, or Short Fry) is our tiny little snuggle bug.  She finally finally seems to be growing out of her 3 month clothes but, yes, she still wears some 3 month clothes and 6 month clothes swallow her.  Its not so much width as it is length (like 6 month footed PJs leave a lot of extra fabric on her legs and arms).  Her favorite pose is to turn on her side with her arm down by her hip looking up at you.  She can crawl "normally" but prefers the army-scoot.  She has been a step behind her sister in movement, but is now pretty much caught up, although she doesn't move quite as fast.  She LOVES to laugh and smile, but is still sensitive about getting attention and not wanting to be left alone.  Her favorite food right now appears to be peas and Cheerios.  She isn't as great a napper as her sister, but sleeps great at night. 

Carter (aka Carter Bear or Carter May) is our independent crazy girl.  She loves anything to do with her brother and follows him like a hawk when he is around.  She can crawl with lightning speed and be into something she is not supposed to be (like cat food) in a flash.  She has a tendency to take whatever toy her sister is playing with because she thinks its funny --- really, she laughs about it.  And sometimes she likes to crawl over her sister and just stay there on top of Catie while Catie starts to get upset.  She isn't mean-spirited (I can tell she thinks all this is funny) but she is definitely the more dominant sister and the more outgoing, active one (like her brother!).  Carter has an amazing, infectious, adorable laugh and is ticklish just about anywhere. 



Although the girls are twins, they really couldn't look or act any differently!  And I love that about them!

The girls are standing on a counter in this picture so height differences are accurate.  I love this picture because they are in the same pose with the same facial expression - so you can really see how different they are!
Life is getting super fun with them now.  I really love this age as they explore and observe everything around them.

No comments: