Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Drawings

Carter and Catie both are very good at drawing circles.  They know what a circle is and are working on their other shapes.  Their favorite thing to have you draw using circles?? Mickey Mouse!  Their favorite cartoon and character.  (They are clearly my children...)

Carter
Catie
Will loves to draw and color too.  This was his Buzz Lightyear ... better than what I could draw!
 
Will is getting better and better at recognizing his sight words and learning to write words.   The other night, I came upstairs to see Will leaving our bedroom (after he was supposed to already be in bed).  I was getting ready to get mad at him, but then he said "But Mommy, I was just leaving you a note on your side."  So, I went over to my side of the bed and found this on my pillow:
This is what he told me it said:
First Line: "Will Farr" (he really does know how to write and spell that better!)
Second Line: "Was Here"
Third Line: "I Will Be"
Fourth Line: "Back"
After I finished laughing, I couldn't help but be so proud and amazed by what he wrote all by himself.  No, he didn't spell the words right, but given the fact that he is just 5 years old and is just learning to read and write - -- WOW!  :-)  He is definitely starting to learn to sound out those letters in words.








No comments: