Friday, April 13, 2012

And then they were 2...


My sweet Catie Bean,

My little spitfire.  You continue to be on the small-side in size, weighing 22.4 lbs (3rd percentile) and measuring 30 1/2 inches in height (2nd percentile), but you more than make up for it in your personality.  You are a drama queen for sure!  If you don't get your way, you are known to dramatically drop your face in one hand and cry.  You are smart as a whip too. You already know several shapes and colors (thanks to Faith!) and do amazingly well expressing yourself.  You can say a ton of words - speaking with mostly phrases and full sentences - and are generally very understandable.   You have no problem making sure we know exactly what you want and when you want it! Your expressions when you talk too are just hilarious! If I don't understand exactly what you are saying, I can usually get the gist of what you are meaning by your facial expressions.

You also love to sing and dance like a crazy person.  You love to sing "No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed" and often request "Cookie Song!" (Cookie's Monster's "C is for Cookie").   You are very agile too and I'm amazed by your ability to really jump high with both feet of the ground for your age.

You can also be super serious.  Catching you with a smile (particularly a camera) can be a little tricky sometimes.  You can quietly sit down with a book and just pour over it for a while all by yourself.  (Something your other siblings have never really been able to do - play quietly by themselves, that is.)  Sometimes I just wonder what on earth you are thinking.

But you are also my little snuggle bunny too.  I love your tiny size and how sweet you feel in my arms or in my lap.   I love to see you reach up to me and say "hold you!"  To think that you were "Baby B" who almost didn't make it past 9 weeks oh so long ago...I cannot imagine this family without your sweet, spunky, crazy self in it!



My darling Carter May,

You are such a silly and loving little girl (although you have mastered whining to a perfect art form already!)  You are still more into baby talk, saying more simple words and phrases than your sister, but I know that you understand everything that is going on around you.  You love to be in the middle of what is going on and love to horse around.  If your brother or sister are doing something that looks fun, you can bet that you will be right there doing it with them! 

You give the most fantastic, arms around the neck, tight-squeeze hugs.  And you love giving kisses too.  Lately, every time I enter a room that you are in, you exclaim "HI MOMMY" and come running.  OH I just love that.

You are also a great eater.  Thank goodness at least one of you kids is not a picky eater!  And I guess all those fruits and veggies and other food are doing you good.  You've come along to grow into slightly less than average size, weighing 25.6 lbs (25th percentile) and measuring 32 1/4 inches in height (25th percentile).  But you also really love sweets -- I mean REALLY love sweets.  You practically fall over yourself out of excitement when you get some candy.  :-)

You love to play outside and get super dirty.  I have a feeling you are going to be our outdoorsy girl and the one more likely to be playing outside sports.  And like your sister, you love to break out into dancing.  Your newest song is "Deep and Wide" which you sing with the sweetest little voice. 

You can also be QUITE the trouble-maker. You are one to look out for little missy!  You know exactly what you should not be doing, and that is just what you will go for.  And usually you are looking for Mommy or Daddy to be looking straight at you telling you "no, Carter!" - and while staring us down, do it anyway!  Whew.  You've got some strong-will in you.

You accept love and attention completely and unconditionally.  Something your Daddy, Mommy and brother just love giving to you!!



Both of you also love each other, calling each other "sissy" instead of by name.  You each are concerned about the other if she is in trouble or cries because she is hurt.  You can certainly have a good fight, but more often than not, you love to laugh, giggle and play together.  It is so precious to see how much you love each other and love your big brother - something I dearly hope neither of you ever ever lose.

No comments: