Things are definitely changing around here. I think Ellis and I are still in denial, but we had to say good-bye to Faith last Friday. We knew this time would come - after Justin graduated from law school and they moved back home. But it was still so hard to say good-bye. She was not just our nanny, but had become one of the family. She was absolutely amazing for our children and I will always be indebted to her for the wonderful start she gave our girls. She had undying patience and energy for them, taught them songs and their ABCs, taught them to count to 10 and know their colors. We had her and Justin over for dinner last Friday and she and I toasted at 6:00 when she officially went from employee to house guest. Tears were definitely shed, and we were all sorry to see her and Justin go.
But we had better see her in the future! Faith & Justin - our door is always open for y'all to come visit.
So tomorrow, the girls start their first day at day care. At 9:00 tonight, we still are working to juggle car seats, pack lunches, label bookbags and blankets, etc etc etc. And Wednesday, Will leaves the place he has been since he was 3 months old and heads to his new school to start kindergarten. Its going to be crazy around here for a while as we work on new routines. And now my life looks like this:
I imagine more markers and more colors are sure to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment