

On Thursday, I officially started the third trimester. Pregnancy continues to be a wonderful, amazing experience. Just tonight, I pressed on my belly and felt little John William. I called Ellis over to feel too because the baby was very close the edge of my uterus and it was easy to feel him. We laughed at the fact that he suddenly moved and my stomach went all lopsided and then he started making wavy movements and my belly evened back out. It is just so amazing to remember there is actually a little baby in there.
We went for my 28 week prenatal appointment Thursday. Everything looks great and, most importantly, my placenta has moved up the uterine wall - so no placenta previa to worry about!! The ultrasound tech pointed out the baby on the usual ultrasound, and I just couldn't see him. Glad I couldn't - because she surprised us my switching to 4D so we could really see him. So, as you can see, we got our first real shots of little John William!
That thing to the right of his face (left side of the picture) that looks like a hand, sort of? Yea - its not a hand, its his knee! The little guy is totally breached with his feet up over his head. He was like that at 20 weeks too. Can you imagine sitting for 2 months with your feet up over your head? (Doctor said he has plenty of time to move before delivery, so we aren't worried that he is breached. Would be nice for him to move though!) During the ultrasound, we were able to see him suck in the amniotic fluid and practice breathing. He tried to eat his knee a couple of times and hid behind it once in a while. This time, we brought a videotape so we have the whole ultrasound live and not just still pictures.
I know its hard to say this - since we're looking at him through my uterus and through the amniotic fluid - but I really think he is going to look just like his daddy! :) Can't wait to see him again in about 3 weeks when we go for our "true" scheduled 4D ultrasound.
3 comments:
I really do think he looks like Ellis - and I am not just saying that!
I love his little nose!!!
Oh wow! I agree....I think he looks like Ellis, too- especially the mouth- John William's nose and mouth are adorable!!
I definitely thinks he looks like his daddy!
Post a Comment