Wednesday, June 27, 2007

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Its hard to believe that my little baby is 6 months old today. It seems like yesterday that he looked like this --
And we were feeding him every two hours, holding him all the time, and driving around at 2am in hopes that he would finally fall asleep. Now, the little guy looks like this --

And I find myself sometimes missing those chances to hold him for hours on end. Although, at the time, I couldn't wait for him to grow up a little bit so that he would sleep in his crib and play on his own so I could have some time to myself. Now, I realize how precious every single minute with Will is. I can't stop snuggling to him (when he will let me), covering him with kisses, and just being in awe of how much this little guy changes every day.

People often tell us what a happy baby Will is -- which makes me such a proud parent. And its so true! Will is a smiley boy. He loves people and will let anyone hold him. Its rare that someone will talk to him, and he won't smile. It takes a lot to make him laugh, but his smiles are abundant. I am so incredibly happy that he is this way.
Will is sleeping much better nowadays. Sleeping from about 7pm until 4:30AM (and falling back asleep until 6 with a little help) is normal -- at least for now. And he looks so peaceful now that he sleeps in the crib ...
I was brave enough to take that picture, and when I pushed my luck to snap a second one, he woke up. But even though he was woken up from peaceful slumber with a camera in his face. He still woke up like this --See - told you he was a happy baby! And the boy now LOVES to eat solid foods. He eats food 3 times a day now and has juice in the afternoon. We've just started some Level 2 foods - trying combinations of flavors. His favorites are the apple, banana, pear combo and peaches. Veggies aren't his favorite, but I've been persistent and he now eats carrots, loves sweet potatoes, and will eat some mixed veggies. He still loves his bottle though and if he sees you fix it or hears you shake it up before you give him solid food, he will not tolerate being put in the his high chair until you give him that bottle.

When Will eats, its hysterical. He is like a little bird and you can't shovel the food in fast enough. He'll open his mouth wide, make a little noise if the food isn't coming fast enough, swallow quickly, and open his mouth back up before you even have a chance to get another spoonful.
Will can't sit up on his own for a long time yet - but he can do it for a minute or two. And he has no problem being on his tummy anymore. He wants to crawl so bad. He'll get on his tummy and start "swimming" on his belly. Sometimes, he'll move just a teensy bit backwards. Its too cute. (I hope he takes a lot longer to crawl. Mommy isn't ready for that yet.)
The thing I find most amazing about Will right now is how he is just taking it all in every day. Everything is fascinating to him - a painting, the remote control (eek!), the container of his nighttime lotion, his mobile above the crib, a strap on his car seat, and especially our cat, Mitzi. "Kitty kitty" brings a huge smile to his face or a look of utter amazement when she walks by. Its is so much fun to see what small, new thing will bring him so much joy each day.
HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY, WILLIAM! YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the picture of him looking at Mitzi! He is a sweet, precious baby, and we love him too!

Emilie said...

Adorable! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter.