Friday, July 13, 2007

Leaps and Bounds

It was an exciting moment before bedtime last night. Its official! Will is sitting up on his own. He was doing it better and better over the last couple of weeks, sitting up for about 5 minutes at Nanny's on Saturday before toppling over. But now he can reach and move and look up while sitting up without wobbling all over the place and tipping over.





And before breakfast this morning, I couldn't resist taking tons of pictures as Will played on the floor sitting up. Such a big boy!


(He is laughing at his cat, Mitzi, in this picture.)


Will just seems to be changing by leaps and bounds lately. I swear he gets cuter and more fun every minute. Its been hard lately to leave him in the morning when I head to work because I want to spend more and more time with him. I'm extremely excited about our first family vacation next week. We will get a whole week with Will - something I haven't had since I came back to work after maternity leave. And I sorely need it. We are headed to the beach and will have cameras in tow for first dip in the pool, first look at the ocean, first time on sand, etc. Can't wait!

Will is becoming more and more observant of everything. And he is so curious about all objects. I have to remember that when I put him down somewhere, he will reach for whatever is within eyesight! He has learned to take his pacifier in and out of his mouth, which I think he thinks is fun because he will do it over and over again. He is also getting better and better at holding his bottle. I know it will be any day when he can feed himself. (Which will be a relief and a sad day at the same time.) He is also about to pop his first tooth on his bottom gums.


And his new favorite sleeping position is on his tummy, butt high up in the air, like this ...
To think only a month ago he HATED to be on his stomach.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy cow he's huge! When did he get so big? I can't wait to see him in person next week!!! He is so cute!

He'll be crawling around before you know it now!

Elizabeth said...

Those are such cute pictures!! I love the one where he is sleeping on his stomach! Maddox has rolled over time and time again, but he hasn't done it in his crib so he still sleeps soundly on his back! I'm ready for him to sit up, though - it's nice to finally see them upright :)