Will has outgrown his little infant car seat since he now is just under 22 pounds and right at 29 inches. I did some research the end of last week and thought I knew what we would get. After a grueling hour (maybe more) at Babies R Us (thankfully, Grandma and Grandpa watched Will for the afternoon), I am still not fully satified with our choice. We have 30 days to return it, so I have some thinking time and thought I'd turn to my fellow bloggers for some help! (Plus, still have to get another one for my car.)
We bought the Britax Boulevard. I have always heard Britax is the best and worth the price. But I can't find ANYwhere online that confirms that. Consumer Reports rates only a handful of car seats and ranks the Britax Roundabout even with the Evenflo Triumph. The BAbiesRUs guy seemed to know his stuff and told us the Evenflo is now ranked just as well as the Britax, but is half the price. The Boulevard has these side things, that resemble blinders on a horse, that I am not too keen on. And if the Evenflo is so fantastic, why do I feel like I must get a Britax to get the "best" for my baby? I'm willing to shell out the cash to get the absolute safest, best car seat for Will that he will be in until he is like 4. But I'm concerned I am now paying for the name Britax, rather than the actual safety features. And why can't I find anything to give me definitive advice? The whole "what fits your child and your car best" slogan just isn't working for me.
Please post a comment or shoot me an email if you have any thoughts on this. I'd love some practical advice on what has worked for you. And if anyone knows a website that really tells how these car seats are testing, please share!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I know how you feel. We did go with the Britax Roundabout mainly because other friends recommended it so highly (for its convenience taking in and out--which we do a lot even though we have two). I have another mom friend who has Evenflo everything and is very very happy. I have an old Triumph that someone gave us and I hate it (the straps don't fit right, it is hard to install, and it is hard to get it tightened comfortably) but they have changed the model since then and it might be fine now. I don't know how much the boulevard costs but the roundabout is the cheapest of the Britax that I know of. I probably didn't help you much. I would recommend buying the Triumph and trying it out in your car with Will (since you have to buy a second one anyway) and see which one is easiest if they all are equal safety wise. Good Luck!
we opted not to go for the britax and are very happy with our car seat choice thus far...we're thinking about what we'd get wesley and i think we'd make the same decision again...
i have both the britax marathon and the britax decath. I've been very happy with them. The ease in putting them in and taking them out is worth the price. I love them. And we have 4--2 for each car--so we've paid the price. I would do it again.
I'll put in my two cents. We have the Britax Roundabout in my car. I love it. It's heavy (and for some reason that makes me feel safer), easy to move from car to car, and easy to strap her in. My MIL and mom have the Evenflo Triump. They HATE it. Both wish they would have purchased another seat. The main complaint is that it's very difficult to adjust. When we buy Drayton's seat, I plan on buying another Britax.
Molly
We went with Britax for three seats so far and eventually we'll probably go that way for the fourth in Chris' car. I tried to do some research on a different one before we bought the Britax for Maddox, but I was unhappy with the little bit of information I could find. So I felt more comfortable going with the Britax.
We have the Britax Boulevard and are very happy with it. I didn't think I'd like the side impact cushions, but they don't bother me at all. CM is very comfy in her seat and we plan on buying the same for IV. I will say installing it rear facing is a royal pain, but forward facing is easy. I like how it goes up to 65 lbs and the extra protection around her little head gives me an extra peace of mind.
Post a Comment