Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving, we were once again blessed to have two Thanksgiving celebrations. On Thursday, we headed up to spend the day with Ellis's family, then, on Friday evening, we headed to my parent's house for a yummy feast. All the food was wonderful, so many thanks to all the great cooks!!

I was not a good picture taker this Thanksgiving. I got only a few from Thanksgiving Day and none from Mom & Dad's. But here are some fun moments I captured from our day on Thanksgiving in the upstate:

Ellis with Anna & Will
And Ellis taking a little pre-feast nap with Anna ...
Kate's 7th birthday was on Thanksgiving this year, so we had cake and presents for dessert!


Will was really looking forward to the birthday cake. I mean, really looking forward to it. Notice Anna politely nibbling at her cake, and notice Will chowing down on the whole piece!
How about double-fisting the cake slice?? Y'all - he went nuts over that cake. Kept eating and eating till it was gone in like one minute - barely stopped to take one sip of milk.
And wouldn't you know it, he actually LICKED the plate clean!!! And after he finished? He looked up at me and said "more??".
The kids needed to burn some of that sugar energy. Aunt Kathy & Uncle Clarence have a fabulously huge backyard. The kids have lots of room to roam free!

And this is one of my favorite pictures. The boys - wiping out for a Thanksgiving nap...

2 comments:

Julie said...

That picture of him licking the plate cracks me up. Must have been some good cake!

Kathy said...

Well you did get some really good pictures! I will have to send you some of the photos that I have. I got some really good ones of them playing outside!!! I wish we would have got a video of Will and his cake..It was so funny! I hope that y'all can come back soon!!