Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Our Week at the Beach

Last week, Will and I went to the beach with Bapa and Grandma - a whole week away from work and the general chores at home was bliss. Not really "relaxing" ... trips to the beach with a 2 year old can be tiring, but we had lots and lots of fun. Will and I went down on Saturday with his grandparents and Daddy came down on Wednesday. We had an extra special treat this year because Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary came from Texas on Wednesday to spend the rest of the week with us. I was very happy that Will got to spend so much time with his aunt and uncle and, of course, I was thrilled to see my brother and sister-in-law.

Will is in love with the beach, the ocean and the pool. Jumping in the waves, tumbling in the waves, jumping in the pool, going underwater - none of it bothers him. One morning, a lady walked up to me on the beach and told me her and her husband had been watching Will every morning and said they believe Will would be on TV in 20 years because he had absolutely no fear or inhibitions. She said she had grandchildren his age and they wouldn't get anywhere near the water. :-) I don't know if his no fear and inhibitions will always be a good thing, but I was a proud mama nonetheless.

Thanks to our friend, Julie, he had the best bathing suit ever for the beach. It was bright green and kept him afloat, so I felt much safer about watching him on the beach.

We were down at Isle of Palms, and I must say that I am jealous of the county parks there. On Sunday, we took Will to the James Island County Park's water park. It was a perfect water park for his age - he could do most anything. And, once again, he had absolutely no fear in going down all of the water slides, jumping in the pool, floating in the lazy river - it was a great day.

Bapa's sand castle masterpiece:


The green bathing suit made swimming at the pool so easy for me. Will could float all by himself in the pool, and I really think it started to teach him to swim. By the end of the week, he was using his arms and legs to swim all around the pool.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! We will be there next week!!! I want to hear about all the activities you guys did around there....we've never been to the James Island water park...etc!

Julie said...

You definitely can't lose him in that bathing suit! So ugly, and yet so awesome!

Emily said...

Ha! Yes, definitely not the cutest bathing suit in the world. Thankfully, Will could care less - in fact, he loves it and wants to wear it all the time.