Sunday, December 13, 2009

Breakfast With Santa


This year, Will's day care sponsored a "Breakfast with Santa" event at the church. Will had SO much fun, and I was thrilled to see his reaction when Santa entered the room. He was so excited! He wasn't the least bit afraid of Santa. He ran right up to him when it was his turn and talked up a storm about how he wanted "big Buzz [Lightyear]" and "Slinky" and "Woody." Then, he jumped up in his lap for a picture. After we were done, we made a picture frame to put his picture in, sang carols, heard Christmas stories, and got a snowman tatoo on his hand.
Then, Will started to fret because he did not get a chance to give Santa a hug. But the group of folks was small enough that I was able to get him back up to see Santa before we left and Will ran up to him, gave him a huge squeeze, and then was ready to go.
I am LOVING Christmas with an almost 3 year old. He understands everything for the first time and is so excited by everything. He loves to point on the Christmas lights when we drive home each day, he loves finding his magic elf, Markle, who visits Santa each night and hides out in a new place in our house each morning for Will to find, he loves the tree, and the Christmas carols....I can't wait for Christmas morning. I know he is going to flip out. :-)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So sweet!