Hee! I love naked baby pictures. Today, the girls are 10 weeks old. They act much more like their adjusted age of 5 weeks, but they are increasingly becoming more and more aware of things around them. They follow us with their eyes, love to stare at faces, and I just know that a coo or a smile is around the corner.
Last Wednesday, they went for their 2 month well visit. I am thrilled to report that they have both doubled their birth weight. Catie was 7 lbs 11 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She is still less than 5th percentile and not on the growth curve, but she is getting there. Carter had a big jump in weight and height so that she is on the growth curve. She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz (5th percentile) and was 21 1/4 inches long (10th percentile!).

Carter is doing really well with being able to lift her head high. Catie can do it well too, although she wasn't feeling it when I took the next picture. :-)
Will has his moments of jealousy, but I am still amazed at what a good brother he is. He is always very concerned when one of them cries and is getting good at giving them their paci. He also LOVES to be able to hold them. We have to constantly remind him to be careful and "go easy" with them though. Here he is with Carter --A lot of things have happened in the last week or two. Will moved from the 2's to the 3's classroom yesterday, and I am very excited for him. It is much more of a classroom where I think he will be much more engaged and learn lots more. He also has to be a lot more independent, especially about going potty. Will does almost perfect at school with going potty but he is regressing a bit at home. Whether its postitive or negative attention, its still attention when he has an accident, so he tends to have 2 or 3 a day with us. I am hoping the new classroom will help improve that.
Since the girls went for their 2 month shots, and we did not have to worry about any hospitalization for a high fever anymore, we took our first road trip with all the kids on Sunday. We traveled to see Ellis's family and to let his mother finally see the girls since her stroke. I think she really loved to be able to hold the girls, and I know we will plan to make it up there again soon. Then, we packed everyone up to drive to Charlie's house for his birthday party in the upstate. Will was SO excited to play with the boys, and I really loved seeing my good friends again. Made me start to feel a little more "normal." (No pictures - its tough to use the camera with 3 kids to keep up with!)
Our road trip and visits lasted all day Sunday and we did it without being too exhausted and having lots of fun. I think there is one huge advantage to having twins as your second and third children - traveling with a newborn is not all that difficult. (Particularly because I know how much harder it gets when they can walk and talk!)
Unfortunately, the girls have been fighting milk intolerance issues like their brother did. They have been testing positive for blood in their stool for weeks now, and the soy formula was giving them bad diarrhea. So, we moved to Nutramigen last Thursday and Carter SCREAMED (not cried, screamed) all Friday night. Catie wasn't screaming but was fussy and obviously uncomfortable too. So, we gave them Pedialyte to clear their system and ... drumroll please ... I have twins on Neocate. Yep - the most expensive formula out there. Sigh. But, at their check-up on Monday morning, Catie's stool finally did not have blood in it. The price is worth it if they are free of tummy pains and digestive tract blisters!
Oh - and at the doctor's visit on Monday, we were able to check their weight again. Carter was 8 lbs 10 oz and Catie was 7 lb 14 oz!! :-)



3 comments:
They are SO precious! I love those sweet tummies!!
They are so cute! I'm with Holly, the bellys are adorable!
I am sorry to hear about the milk protein issues again! Henry started on Neocate, but we moved him to Nutramigen AA, which is the same. I got it from a formula rep, but it may be less expensive than Neocate. You can't get it in stores, but maybe on the internet. Good luck!
Post a Comment