Well, this is it. On Monday, I will return to being a working mom. Although about a month ago I was ready to return, now, I just wonder where in the world the past five months went. Am I ready to head back now? Umm....no. But I have to realize that I will never get everything I want to done and am trying to recognize everything I do accomplish in a day and take satisfaction in that.
On my first day, August 30th, the girls will turn 5 months old. Its hard to believe they are that old already; its very difficult to capture all of their precious moments, especially when you have two infants and a 3 year old. They are adjusting beautifully to being in school, and I feel very comfortable that they are in good hands. Catie is just the most outgoing little baby - she smiles at just about everyone and loves to have a good time. (Again, she continues to look and act JUST like her brother. Its too funny.) Carter is just a beautiful little one who likes to assess the situation for a bit. She'll crinkle her eyebrows in a very serious look, but if she likes what she sees, the rewarding smile and laugh are awesome. Ellis can make her cackle when he tickles her, and Will and I just love it.
This last week has been a whirlwind of getting things together and getting a handle on having all the kids in school. It didn't help that our dishwasher decided to break this week, and the pipe busted when they were installing the new one I purchased, flooding our kitchen. (Yes, flooding -- but that is a whole other story!) Making 12 bottles every night - with 2 different formulas - is something I am still trying to get used to. The mornings aren't terrible, but I realize that I am really going to have to be up no later than 6am in order to be at work on time. That will be a bit of a struggle to get used to.
Wednesday, I took the girls' preemie clothes to the NICU for them to use on other NICU patients. It was surreal being back there with all the beeps and noises. As I think back on the last five months, I realize how far we really have come from March 30th when our little girls entered our lives. This family has certainly been through it these past months and I have no doubt we are in for a neverending roller coaster. But when I look at my 3 gorgeous, healthy, awesome children and my incredibly supportive and wonderful husband... I have to take a moment to breathe, smile, and just realize how incredibly lucky I am.
Will has been such a trooper these past months. He has handled the change in our lives extremely well and is so wonderful around his sisters (seriously!). So, this last weekend of my maternity leave, we are headed to Hilton Head to meet up with friends for a weekend of rest and relaxation. We are just taking Will while my parents watch the girls. I will miss them, but I am looking forward to giving Will a weekend with just Mommy and Daddy - he deserves it.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment