No question, they are still a lot to keep up with. They are now up a lot during the day. And woe is me when they get on different schedules and refuse to nap at the same time (that happened yesterday). They still do not have a nighttime routine really, but we are moving toward it. They usually have a bottle around 7:30 and head upstairs with Will for bath (sometimes) and pjs. And they both drift off to sleep at some point after that, sometimes in a crib, sometimes on their boppy loungers and sometimes in a swing. After their late night feeding, they sleep in their cribs until about 6 or 7 in the morning.
Big news in diet though - I moved Catie to soy formula on Saturday night and she has done wonderfully. No more Neocate for her. She is eating 3 ounces most feeds now, which is great. I'm keeping Carter on Neocate for a while though, especially since she is on antibiotics for her ear infection. I plan to take a real stab at giving them rice cereal in the next few days. We'll see how that goes.
| Carter |
| Catie |
As they get older, it is amazing to me exactly how different the two of them are. I realize many people can't tell them apart as easily, but, to me, they look nothing alike. Catie's eyes are turning darker already while Carter's are still pretty blue. I think Catie will have brown eyes like Daddy and me and Carter will have hazel like Will or bluish-grey like Bapa. Carter loves to smile real big with her mouth wide open and giggles and squeals loudly. Catie gives huge smiles with her mouth closed and her tongue usually sticking out a bit. She doesn't laugh out loud very much but kicks and squirms with excitement when she loves something.
They are both getting very interested in reflections and love any toy that flashes lights and plays music. A couple of times, I have seen them start to notice each other - laughing or smiling at what the other one is doing, but overall they still do not really take notice of each other. However, they do tend to get upset if the other one is upset - real fun for Mommy.
The girls' cries are very distinct, and I can tell who is upset by just hearing the cry. Carter's is a high pitched cry that cannot be ignored, and she spits all over the place when she cries (real nice). I call Catie my little seagull when she gets upset because that's what it sounds like to me when she cries.
| Carter blowing raspberries. Her favorite thing to do. |
| Carter |
| Catie |
1 comment:
Oh my goodness they are so adorable!!!!!! I want to eat them up!
Post a Comment