Sunday, August 18, 2013

Big Girl Beds

The weekend after their birthday, we converted our last little baby room into a big kids room.  Part of me feels a little sad to be getting rid of the last of the cribs in this family.  I kept the girls in their cribs as long as I could.  Lots of folks were surprised I had my 3 year olds in beds but these girls are kind of small and fit just fine in there with no attempts to climb out.  (Catie only recently started to wear 2T clothes late this summer while Carter is just starting to wear 3T.)  I would have just assumed leave them in the cribs until they did, but we were on to potty training, so they needed to get out of the cribs at night.  

Putting the girls in big girls beds has been touch-and-go.  They do not constantly come out of their room over and over like Will did (thank goodness!).  But they did have a tough time adjusting in being quiet and not playing with everything in their room.  For months now, we have had NOTHING in their room - no books, no toys, nothing.  They broke one lamp, started climbing on the nightstand, and wouldn't go to sleep until after 11pm. Its been an adjustment of sticking one of them in the guest room bed by themselves in the dark as a "threat", lots of fussing and re-arranging their room so they can't walk on their nightstand, etc.  

Only recently - as in last week - I started to fill the book shelves with books again and moved the nightstand back between their beds. Hopefully, soon I will be able to really decorate their room and make it super cute.




Last night cuddling with my girls in the rocking chair that I have used to rock all the kids when they were babies and read to them when they were toddlers.  Now, its all about reading and cuddling in big beds!

Catie and Carter's request for bedding is that Catie wanted a pink bed and Carter wanted a purple bed.  Potter Barn had the cutest matching butterfly quilts - one in pink and purple!  It worked perfectly!

The room is pretty much this barren today.  Working on getting it decorated now!  


No comments: