Friday, August 16, 2013

The Girls Turn 3

On March 30th, the girl turned 3 years old!  Somehow, this family completely left the baby/toddler years and entered preschool age and up.  In many ways I am so glad to see our family grow up - so many things become a lot easier.  But I am also a little sad to see the little baby years disappear.  

For their birthday, my Uncle Tom and Aunt Becky visited all the way from Washington State.  It has been such a very very long time since we saw them.  It was wonderful to be able to share the girls' birthday with them.  

The night before, after the girls were asleep, we filled their room up with balloons and streamers hanging from the ceiling.  Then, because Carter was still in love with Princess Tiana and Catie was still in love with the Little Mermaid, I had a banner for each of them in their favorite character in the kitchen.  They got their favorite breakfast - pancakes - with a little candle each.  I think all the decorations (especially the balloons) were a big hit!






Later that day we headed off to the zoo ... poor Grandma was not feeling well so she stayed home.








Then, we headed home for a little party where Grandma was able to join us!  The girls put on their Tiana and Ariel costumes and opened their presents from their family.





These girls are just the sweetest things ever.  I wish I could bottle up their voices and sweet expressions so that I will never forget them!

No comments: