Thursday, June 08, 2006

10 Weeks

I am 10 weeks today - 1/4 of the way there! :) According to all the books I'm reading and babycenter.com's updates, the baby is "officially" a little baby, having left the embryo stage. (Although at the doctor's visit they told us that, according to the ultrasound, it really was a fetus already.) The critical growth period has ended - although I know he has a long way to go! At about an inch long, the little guy can fit in the bowl of a tablespoon!

I'm feeling really good. I think I left the first trimester blues about a week or week and half ago. Although I never suffered from morning sickness (hallelujah!), I did get dizzy and nauseated a lot. And there were days I just didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV. But I think I discovered the main cause: the generic Publix brand of prenatal vitamins I was taking. I forgot to take them for a few days and felt great, then took them when I remembered and felt awful again. Anyway, at my doctor's appointment, they gave me prescription vitamins and now I feel a-okay - and the little guy is getting all the nutrients he needs! So now I'm ready to start showing so that I can feel pregnant again! :) Ellis and I joke sometimes that it would be great to buy our own ultrasound like Tom ("the Crazy") Cruise did for Kate. It sure would be nice to check in on the little guy each day - just to make sure he was doing well!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH EMILY! What a wonderful page! I am going to enjoy reading and keeping up with your preganacy!!! love ya mother!

PS kate is helping me type this, so that is why it is so short! It is taking forever!

Anonymous said...

OH EMILY! What a wonderful page! I am going to enjoy reading and keeping up with your preganacy!!! love ya mother!

PS kate is helping me type this, so that is why it is so short! It is taking forever!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to find out if s/he is a girl or boy. (I just know you are having a girl.) It really cracks me up that you refer to the baby as a him!

Julie said...

It has to be a girl...too many boys already!