Sunday, June 04, 2006

Baby's First Pictures






Here they are! Our baby's first pictures! I think she/he (actually, I'm convinced its a boy) looks more like a little hamster in the pictures - but I can't tell you how amazed Ellis and I were when we saw the ultrasound. I've seen ultrasound pictures of my friends' babies - but never a "live" ultrasound. It really was probably the most amazing moment of my life -- and I know the moments will only get better! It is just such a miracle how life is created and how it grows.

I was expecting the ultrasound to be nothing but a little dot on a screen - so imagine my surprise when a tiny little baby appeared. The baby was moving its hands and feet back and forth and you could see its little heart beating. Then, we heard the heartbeat -- Incredible! This baby's got a fast - but good! - little heartbeat - 166 beats per minute.

Honestly, the ultrasound was just one of many experiences I know we will have that are difficult to put in words. I am so proud of our kid already - and I haven't even met him (or her)!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! Love the blog! Congrats again! What is the due date (is it 01/04/06?)?

Jennifer said...

2007 not 2006! Woops!

Julie said...

That is the cutest hamster I have ever seen!

Ariail said...

I am so excited for you and Ellis- I'm also excited to have a new blog to read.

Head Lima Bean said...

hooray for new blogs and new babies! kudos to both of you!