Friday, June 23, 2006

12 Week Check-up

I had my 12 week check-up today and all is well! It was just a routine appointment but I got to meet one of the doctors who may ultimately deliver our child, and I really like her. She was a little hurried, but not more than most doctors. She listened to my questions and explained the genetic tests to me in a way that I could understand - all of which I appreciated. Best part though - I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! Good 150 beats per minute! :) While we were listening to the heartbeat, she asked me if I had any feeling if it was a boy or a girl. I told her I believe it is a boy, and she agreed - said that she was making the same prediction. All my friends swear I'm having a girl - so I guess we'll see!

Next appointment is July 24. The one after that (8-9 weeks from now) will be the next ultrasound when the big boy v. girl debate will hopefully be resolved!

2 comments:

Ariail said...

Faking a mild anxiety attack (say you had a bad dream, can't sleep...) might get you an ultrasound at the 16 week appointment- this tactic has worked in the past.

Julie said...

I don't think you are having a girl necessarily, just that it is time for someone to have a girl. I have to say, it would be nice to buy something pink for a change!