Thursday, September 07, 2006

Giggling with Baby

Last Thursday, the baby was kicking me pretty good and I thought that, any day, the kicks would be strong enough for Ellis to feel. And then the baby fell silent for days -- I actually began to miss the little booger's kicks. Yesterday, I was having a not-so-great-day and suddenly thump-thump-thump went on in my stomach in the middle of the afternoon. Wow - is THAT a way to put a smile on my face. :)

Then, last night, I'm reading in bed and start to feel the big thumping again. But this time you can see the baby kicking because my stomach kept popping and making my book bounce up and down (of couse, this is all still pretty subtle - you'd have to pay attention to see it). I immediately yell for Ellis to come up and watch. The two of us just laughed and smiled watching my stomach do wierd things. 'Course, everytime Ellis put his hand on my tummy, the baby would stop - or I'd start laughing, making it hard for him to feel it. I know he will soon though!

I have been very blessed so far to have a great pregnancy. I never had morning sickness - just felt queasy and tired for the first couple months. I haven't been plagued with all the other symptoms that commonly come with pregnancy. Admittedly, some days I want my own body back - in the sense that my stomach just feels enormous and it sometimes gets really uncomfortable. But, overall, I actually feel wonderful. Being pregnant is just such a miracle - thinking of the fact that I have a little baby inside me is enough to make the bad days not so bad. And its moments like last night that make me very very happy and thankful that Ellis and I are able to have this experience together. I just pray it continues and our son comes out a strong, healthy little boy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have no doubt he will be strong and healthy. This is such an exciting time, I am glad to see you are enjoying it. It is evident that you feel good, because you look great!