Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy 9th-month Birthday to You!

I can't believe Baby Will is 3/4 of a year old. People keep telling me that his first birthday is right around the corner -- and I just don't want to believe that. But Will tries to remind me everyday as he grows and changes more and more. Stay tuned for a more detailed blog entry of Will's accomplishments/likes/dislikes at 9 months old, which I'll do this weekend.

So, you know how poor Will celebrated his 9 month birthday? With a visit to the ENT! :-( I was worried he would freak out when we got there, but he did amazingly well. He did get all stiff in my lap when the doctor came in and talked to us, and he screamed when they looked in his ear. But then he was perfectly fine before we even left the exam room. Whew. Maybe I didn't scar him for life when we had those tubes put in without knocking him out first. (All looked good at the check-up, by the way.)

While we were waiting for his appointment, Will proved to Mommy and Daddy that he now can stand on his own. He pushed himself up and stood for a few seconds before grabbing on to something. And did it a couple of times. Ellis and I stared at each other in shock, whispering "do you see what he is doing!" Will has proceeded to stand on his own many times this evening - even in the bathtub. He is so proud of himself when he realizes what he is doing. He does not stand for long, but he no longer crashes on his butt every time. Like I said, he grows and changes more and more everyday!

No comments: