Ellis just called me and said, "you wouldn't believe what your son just did." Well, I didn't believe it, so I called Missy at the day care for verification. And here is what my little not-quite 19 month old boy did:
They recently bought a little Elmo seat for the potty in the Toddler 2 room. Will has seen the other kids use the potty, but has been scared to try it himself - that is until Elmo came into the picture. After his friend used the potty this morning, he told Ms. Virginia, "go potty!" So she took his diaper off and put him on the seat, and swore she saw a couple trickles into the potty! Then, she asked Will if he wanted to flush, which he did with lots of excitement. There was much clapping and congratulations for my little boy. Go Will!
I'd been thinking it was time to just have a potty in his room to start chatting about it with him. I guess I best go get him one. And as tired as I am with Elmo ... I guess it better be an Elmo potty.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Will!
Okay, so we have 4 potties, and I just wanted to give you a little product review. Get the Elmo potty for now because it will get him to go. But eventually, when he's going all the time (and over Elmo), get the Baby Bjorn one (we have the big one and the travel one). It is the best for boys, trust me!!! I don't think it matters as much for girls. :-)
Thanks for the advice! :)
Post a Comment