Last Friday, Will went for his 18-month check-up. (He is actually 19 months now, so we were a few weeks late.) Everything looked great and the doctor was impressed with how he was doing, particularly his vocabulary. I was so proud of little Will. And at the end of the visit, after Will had screamed and cried at the doctor for checking him out, I asked Will to say "thank you" as the doctor was leaving. And the sweetiest little voice said "tank-you"! So cute. Its the first time I have gotten him to repeat that phrase. We now, successfully, have "please" and "thank you" in Will's vocabulary, although, of course, he needs some prompting before he'll use them, and I doubt he really knows what they mean yet.
Here are his stats (compared to other 19-month olds):
Height - 33 7/8 inches (75th percentile)
Weight - 26 lbs (40th percentile) (I swear the kid weighed way more than that from toting him around!)
Hard to believe we don't have another well visit until Will turns 2! And then, not another one until he is 3! He is growing up so very very fast. Sniff sniff.
We are busy getting ready for our upcoming beach trips. I'm thrilled that Will will get to see the beach this year - and very curious to see how he reacts. This Thursday, just the 3 of us (mom, dad & Will) are heading to St. Simons Islands thanks ever so much to the generosity of Clare and Wesley's parents! And then the next weekend, we are headed to Hilton Head to meet up with the FOL clan for a week of fun-filled chaos. I'm so ready to head to the beach! Wish we could leave now!!
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment