Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sick

Well, we had planned lots of fun things for the weekend - taking Will to Saluda Shoals, swimming in Bapa and Grandma's pool - along with several outdoor projects Ellis and I had planned. But poor little Will has caught some nasty bug that has a hold of him good. He had a fever Friday morning and has had one on and off all weekend long. He has had a bad cold for a while and threw up Thursday, so we took him to the doctor Thursday afternoon. Everything looked fine, but now he has gotten worse. Poor little guy. The hardest thing is that he is such a trooper. Being sick doesn't have much of an effect on him - so he wants to go outside even though his nose is so congested he can barely breathe. And he is beginning to get irritable and very very bored (as are Mommy & Daddy). The best remedy has been a whole lot of Elmo watching on the TV and letting him have his pacifier during the day.

I guess we should be thankful that this happened on a long weekend that nothing else was going on ... but I suspect we'll take him to see the doctor again if he is still running a temperature Tuesday morning.

To top everything off, I have lost the connector thingy that lets me download pictures off my digital camera, which is the reason I haven't been able to post any pictures of my sweet boy. Its got to be around here somewhere...

Update on 9/2

Will was much better on Monday and seemed very much back to his old self this morning. Of course, he has now passed this cold on to his Mommy, but I knew that was coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little Will!! I hope that he is felling better soon :)

Julie said...

Glad he is feeling better! Hope you do soon!

Jennifer said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!