Let me just say that the whole potty training thing was very daunting to me. I wasn't sure when to start, what kind of pottys to use for Will, whether to use pull-ups, etc. And I just didn't want to read all of the "help" books that tend to only confuse me with all the conflicting ideas.
In the end, Will kind of showed us how he was going to do it and I am amazed! No, he is not potty trained yet, but I think he is more ready for it to begin than his parents are! Will regularly pees in his potty before bath time every night. Last night, he even held it until after bath time and then let us know that he needed to use the potty - and then pee'd for a long time in it. We were working on the poo poo in the potty issue - he did it once at home and it scared him when he saw it in the potty!! (I tried so hard not to laugh when that happened.) But he did it again on his own at day care this week.
So, we have little pottys everywhere in the house. Yesterday, I bought one of those to convert a normal toilet so he could sit on it because he seems to much prefer the "big potty" (probably because it flushes).
It is amazing how potty training puts parents on a whole new level of parenting. You know you are the parent of a toddler if you find yourself sitting in the bathroom, cheering you son to poo in the potty, clapping and dancing in excitement if anything goes in the potty, and reading all kind of books about boys and animals using the potty. One of the books I checked out of the libary? Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee! :-)
(I promise to put up pictures soon. We have a big weekend of Playhouse Disney, friendship in the upstate and a neighborhood egg hunt, so I should have some to share. )
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I couldn't believe how big he seemed...running with the big boys! And now going potty! I think he enjoyed the show more than anyone else there, loved seeing him dance and sing!
Post a Comment