Every once in a while I try to talk to Will about what it will be like when the babies come. He knows there are two babies and will point to my stomach if you ask him where they are. He knows they will get bigger and bigger ... but past that, I'm not so sure he understands. But we are reading lots of "when the baby comes" books to try to prepare him. (I do wish the books had more than one baby coming home in them....)
Anyway, the other night, Will and I were talking about the babies and he suddenly, very assertively, talked about what they would NOT get:
Will: "When the babies come they will NOT get my lovey."
Me: (laughing) "No, they won't. Because you know what, they will need their own lovey and you will have to help me find the perfect one for each of them."
Will: "And they will NOT play with my Buzz!" (I got him a little miniature Buzz figurine the other day which he takes with him everywhere.)
Me: "No they won't. In fact, you will have to make sure they don't play with Buzz because he is too small and they might put him in their mouth and get hurt."
So - we're learning. Although perhaps the big brother, "that's mine!" side of him is coming out a little too early?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment