Monday, January 10, 2011

Disney - Day 1 at Magic Kingdom

We did 2 days at Magic Kingdom and 1 day at Hollywood Studios.  We mostly went to Hollywood Studios to ride the Toy Story Mania ride and so we could go to the Fantasmic show, which I think is the best Disney night show offered out of all of the parks.

Will's favorite rides from our trip?  "The Buzz Lightyear Twist" (Space Ranger Spin ride at Magic Kingdom) and "The Toy Story Punch" (Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios).  He wanted to ride the Space Ranger Spin ride over and over and over on our first day at Magic Kingdom.  But other favorites that we rode were Peter Pan's Flight, the Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, and the People Mover.  I can't believe he liked the People Mover so much but he did.  Ellis and I weren't complaining because its just a little ride that goes around Tomorrowland and there is never a line for it - you just hope right on.  And that was a relief to have something to do without a line.  It definitely was CROWDED over Thanksgiving weekend.  We stood in lots and lots of lines.  But, for the most part, Will did really well waiting.  Plus, Ellis's I-Phone with cartoons dowloaded on it helped in a pinch! :-)
We could not get Will to smile for a picture when we first got there.  Sigh.

Here we are waiting for our first ride at Disney - Peter Pan's Flight (one of my all-time favs at Fantasyland.)

Off we go on Peter Pan's Flight!  I love Will's expression in this picture.

Will after Pirates of the Carribean, making a "mean" pirate face.  (Mom & Dad gave him the hat, gun and Captain Hook's hook for Christmas....)

This is from the Space Ranger Spin.  I hate we never snapped a shot of Will on the actual ride.  We rode it so many times. 


Here is Will at the beginning of the huge meltdown he had in the afternoon of the first day.  It was a bad tantrum - one of those where he doesn't even make any sense.   I can't even remember what triggered his tantrum.  Thankfully, it was the first and the last for our whole trip.

But the tantrum ended with him passing out on my shoulder and finally taking a little nap.

Will meets Buzz!  And shows him his Buzz toy we got him that day.

You can just see his excitement in this picture!

I love the castle at night.  Its so beautiful!


This time, Will was able to stay up for the fireworks.  I just love the firework show at Magic Kingdom.  Will was also entranced by the Magic Kingdom Electric Parade and was so excited to see all of his favorite characters.  (We caught all of that on video.)


No comments: