We spent our last day at Disney at Hollywood Studios. Its not my favorite park - I'd rank it third in the four major Disney parks. It doesn't have a lot of rides and most of its attractions are shows that you have to time right. But, we went so Will could ride the Toy Story Mania ride, which he loved. And to see all the characters. One thing Disney has done right about this park is making all your favorite Disney movie characters accessible.
After we rode the Mania ride in the morning, we bumped into the Combat Carl soldiers from Toy Story. They had all the kids do funny stuff and Will just ate it up. The best part? One of the soldiers was on a float in the afternoon parade, and he recognized Will, pointed him out, and shouted that he was "the best cadette he ever trained!" Will just beemed from ear to ear. :-)
 |
| Will is in brown shorts and a green Buzz Lightyear shirt in these pictures. |
 |
| The kids were supposed to get in an action pose - I think. And I guess Will was copying the big kids but ended up looking like he was kissing the ground, which the soldier pointed out. |
For lunch, we ate at the Sci-Fi Dine-In theater - one of my favorites. Its made to look like an outdoor theater at night. You eat in 1950s cars and they play old sci-fi movies and cartoons on the screen. Here, we bumped into Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta Jones and their kids again! Crazy. Our car was right at the entrance of where people would come in, and I enjoyed watching people come in and seeing their reaction to the restaurant. And suddenly, I realized the host was talking to Douglas and his son. Jones walked in a few minutes later - let me tell you - she looks as fabulous in person as she does on screen. They ate just a couple cars over from us and it was funny to watch people who either were totally oblivious the whole time or people who slowly started to realize who they were eating next to.
No - we didn't get a good picture. I fussed at Ellis when he took out his camera because I felt like they deserved their privacy ... although now I wish we had one!
 |
| Will in the "the claw!" You have to have seen Toy Story to get these next few pictures of him. |
 |
| We saw Buzz again! |
 |
| Will with Leo and June from Little Einsteins. |
When we met Mickey, Will was SO ecstatic. I didn't know he cared so much to meet him, but he about jumped straight in the air when it was his turn. It was so sweet.
 |
| Will and Lotso (from Toy Story 3). |
 |
| Will showing his muscles with Mr. Incredible and Ice Man(?) from the Incredibles. |
 |
| It only rained once in our whole trip while we were waiting for the Block Party parade. Although they still had the parade, they didn't do the dancing in the streets that they usually do. :-( |
One thing about Will - it takes a LOT to make this boy fall asleep. I would be shopping as the park is closing, watching parents with kids Will's age passed out in their strollers, while my boy was watching a show on Daddy's I-Phone to keep him busy. But, he finally passed out on the last day at around 11:00pm when we headed back the hotel on the bus -- cuddled up with the Mickey that Daddy and I bought him. It was a fantastic trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment