Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Missing Sleep

Nope - you didn't read the time this was posted wrong. Its 4:40am in the morning - kind of sums up what it has been like for me the last 5 days or so. We made it past Christmas - thankfully, Will will not have a Christmas birthday. But I suspect that, with or without the c-section, he is about ready to come out. Every pregnancy symptom seems to have hit me these last few days, and poor Ellis has had to suffer with me. Since about Thursday or Friday night, I wake up around 2:30 or 3:00 to pee and then can't ever fall back asleep. Tonight, I got about 3 hours of sleep, but woke up with heartburn! Yes, Jennifer, I have finally suffered from heartburn in this pregnancy. I'm definitely thankful I didn't have it before now. Ugh! I will say that, for the most part, pregnancy was not bad for me at all - I enjoyed being pregnant. But this last week or so is not for me! :) At around 3 this morning, I told Ellis "Well, I guess my days of sleeping through the night are over for a really long time." I was hoping I might sleep through the night tonight - b/c I am pretty darn sure I won't be able to tomorrow. Ellis thinks it just the anticipation of everything, and he is probably right. Its definitely been a strange Christmas for us this year!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh wow! Tomorrow you will have your baby in your arms. We are thinking about you and sending lots of positive energy your way.