Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Anticipation

So, I haven't updated in a while because ... well ... there isn't much to say. :) Ellis and I are doing all the last minute preparations for the baby. I will admit I had a little bit of anxiety last week. I got nervous about all the little things we still needed to take care of and the fact that I could potentially go into labor at any time. But I have learned that I am now in my 9th month of pregnancy and really just need to SLOW DOWN - since then I have felt much better. I have things pretty much in order at work to the point that, if I happened to go into labor tomorrow, I know most things would be taken care of. That is a big relief. Finishing touches on the nursery are being worked on -- I hope to have it completely done in the next week. (Ellis is hanging shelves, the chair should be in at any minute, and I have some decorations to hang on the wall.) We are meeting with 2 pediatricians that came highly recommended to us, so this time next week, we should have one lined up. We also toured the labor and delivery floor at the hospital last week, which really made me relieved -- something about knowing where we would go and where I would be just made me feel better.

So things are moving along! I am 36 weeks Thursday and have my next prenatal appointment then!

I really hope this baby stays in after Christmas ... but, if he decides that is when he wants to come, I know we will find a way to make sure he feels special on his birthday each year. I just want him to be healthy and happy. Can't wait to meet him! And I know it will be here before we know it!

No comments: