Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting Better

Its been a while since I've posted. And there are updates of pictures of Will for me to post - like him loving some bananas (he just hates rice cereal!) and talking up a storm with his cousin, Anna, this past weekend. But, we have been a little preoccupied around here.

You know that post on 4/29 about Will's ear infection? Well, it STILL has not gone away. (Although I think today might be the day for it to clear.) He has gone through 5 different antibiotics and, finally, I made the Mommy Executive Decision to quick making him suffer through oral antibiotics and give him the anitibiotic shots already. They hurt like hell - I know they do. And if I could take the shot for him, oh God I would. But the boy needs to get over this ear infection and get healthy! (And not just for his sake but his parents' sanity.) This morning we went in for the third and final shot (thank goodnes!). Already, the doctor said his ears were finally looking better. Poor Will has been through the ringer on this one - from pain in his ears, to diarrhea from the antibitoic and painful diaper rash, to pain from the horrible shots, to vomiting from the drainage of the ear infection.

Anyway - I hope to finally have time to post some more pictures of healthy Will! Despite his going through all of this, he still has been a pretty happy, playful baby!

Daddy just sent me this picture of him all wrapped up, sleeping at the day care. How hilarious is this? My baby likes to be swaddled still? Who knew!!??

3 comments:

Julie said...

I wish someone would wrap me up in a blanket like that and let me take a nap!

So glad he is feeling better and that you will get some rest now!

The Comers said...

have you tried mixing the fruit and/or veggies in with the rice cereal? that was a big help for me.

Emily said...

He hated that too. Stuck his bottom lip out so far, I about died of laughter. But I am going to try it again soon.