Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Applause, Please!

Or maybe even a standing ovation is required. My baby slept IN HIS CRIB last night. No car seat!

Night before last, Will didn't sleep so well. When Daddy checked on him at one point, he had turned on his side in the car seat with his head where his butt should be and his feet dangling off the edge of the car seat -- and he was sleeping that way. I found him the same way, so at around 4am, I took the car seat out, laid him on his side, and he slept that way until 6. So, Ellis and I realized that Will was finally finally finally ready to get out of that darn car seat.

So, yesterday, I came home, changed his crib sheets, and got his bed all ready. After storytime, Will slept comfortably on his side in the crib (without waking up at all) from about 7:30 until 1:00AM. Unfortunately, after that, he woke up just about every hour, (thus, Mommy is a bit sleepy this morning). I know it will take some time because he is not used to waking up in the crib and, I think, has a hard time falling back to sleep. I'm crossing my fingers that the combination of solid food dinners (had a solid food breakfast this morning!) and sleeping in the crib will lead to all night sleeping soon.

But what a huge accomplishment for Will. I am so very proud of him! Yea!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

He's growing up fast! What a big boy! That's a huge accomplishment, and I am sure it will get easier for him to fall back asleep. It reminds me that in a few months we are going to be making the big switch to a big boy bed.... There's always something on the horizon, huh? It's exciting!

Marie said...

Go Will!! Yay for you guys! Congrats on the great transition!