Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house, but I just don't have any pictures of it to show. My little camera just broke and our big camera's flash doesn't work right unless I put this massive detachable flash on it, which I am not good at, so the ability to take quick pictures is not really there. But we have all the decorations up at the house, which Will was super excited to help me with this year. All the kids went with us to pick a tree this year and thank goodness we bumped into Bapa and Grandma there because it was a little tricky concentrating on a good tree with all 3 kids tearing off into different directions. All of them loved running amongst the Christmas trees. Will helped me put the ornaments on the tree this year, which was really fun to have his help and see his excitement as I showed him each ornament and where it came from, etc. I gave the girls ornaments that would not break so they could "help" decorate too. Mommy & Daddy went to a Christmas tour of homes through our church while Will made gingerbread houses and the girls hung out at home with Faith. Will went to a Polar Express party last weekend sponsored by the PTO at his day care and had a blast with Christmas activities, watching the movie and drinking hot cocoa and eating a cookie in his PJs. Mommy volunteered to help at the event....whew! 40+ kids of various ages?? It was crazy!
So things are in full Christmas swing and I can proudly admit that Santa is ahead of the game this year and pretty much ready for Christmas. Hooray! I was determined to try and make this Christmas season a little less stressful....particularly because we have a HUGE change in our family's lives coming up soon. More to come on that.....!
** Ellis pointed out to me that folks might think I'm pregnant with the way I ended that post. So - to avoid any rumors - No, I am not. I guess you might describe the change more like just a big change rather than a HUGE change in comparison of that kind of news. Anyway, more to come after things are finalized...
Tuesday, December 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do tell!
Had I not shared vino with you, I would have definitely thought an announcement about a baby/babies was coming.
Post a Comment