
Today, I went for my 12 week appointment. I had a list of questions this time and was prepared to beg for an ultrasound. You mention you are having twins and news of my pregnancy spread like wildfire. People I don't even really know know that I am having twins. Its crazy. So I began to get paranoid ... plus, how could the doctor tell she was listening to two different heartbeats??
But, my appointment started with an ultrasound and BONUS to being pregnant with multiples - looks like I will probably get one every time. They will use the ultrasound to get the heartbeats.
The twins looked so cute this time. The pictures really do not do justice to the "live" thing, but they were practically spooning each other with Baby B kicking up a storm. Baby B even put his hand in his mouth. (Yes, I shall refer to both babies as boys ... because I have a feeling that is what they will be.) Great heartbeats on both of them. Baby A looks a bit bigger in this picture, but its really just the angle of the ultrasound when the picture was taken. They appeared to be about the same size. (They won't take actual measurements for growth and such until 20 weeks.)
Some of the questions I asked the OB:
Typical delivery time if the babies do not try to come out early? A: 37 weeks. This means, if all goes well, the twins will be here the week of April 12th.
Should I have a c-section? A: Highly recommended since I already had one with my first child and it is much safer for the twins. (So, yes, I will be having one.)
How will my prenatal treatment be different? A: I will increase to seeing the OB every two weeks around 24 weeks or so, and then to every week around 32 weeks. So I will start seeing the doctor more frequently than a person pregnant with one baby as the pregnancy progresses. They will also be using the ultrasound most times to check on heartbeats, and they will check my cervix much sooner than they would with a single birth.
Still CRAZY to think we really and truly are having twins. But also starting to get more and more prepared (and excited) for their birth. I LOVE that I get to see them each time I go to the OB.
Next appointment is in 4 weeks .... and we might just find out the sex then because I will be 16 weeks.
1 comment:
So exciting! They are both adorable! Can't wait for next time....
Post a Comment