He turned out to be quite the thrill-seeker. There was one ride called the submarine that is like that rainbow ride for adults. You sit in it and it goes around in a big circle, making your stomach drop as it comes down. Will was dying to go on the submarine as his second ride, and so Ellis took him. He came off of it talking fast to me about how scary the ride was, how it went up and down, and made his tummy hurt. And then, as we walked away, he begged to go on again (and he did).
We also saw all the animals (Will got within 5 feet of a huge elephant and was mesmerized), ate yummy fair food (he loved funnel cake like his mama), and walked around at night to see all the lights and play some fair games.
Here he is on his very first fair ride.
(We had the hardest time tearing him away from the water sliding chicks. He would laugh and jump up and down every time they slid down that slide.
After it got dark, Will sat on Ellis' shoulders and we walked toward all the games and adult rides. Will was absolutely fascinated by all the lights and sounds.
I won him a Curious George stuffed animal at the water gun game (almost always a sure-win). He also won himself a duck with one of those duck games (where you pull them out of the water and it tells you on the bottom if you won a small, medium or large). He slept with both of them last night and tonight. :-)
I went in a fun house with him. I am always disappointed by those things - 2 tickets admission for about 5 seconds of fun house. But Will seemed to love it and I was glad to do something with him.

The last ride Will did was this race car ride. The cars are on an oval track, and when they come to the corner, they whip around really fast. Will loved this ride so much. I smiled and laughed so hard watching him that my smile muscles hurt when the ride ended. I would go back to the fair just so he could ride that one again and again and again.
Will had a lot of fun on the "Rockin' Tug" ride. I loved to watch him laugh and squeal when it would rock back and forth. (You probably have to double-click on the pictures to be able to see Ellis & Will.)
We left about 9:00, and Will really held up well at that hour. We only had a minor breakdown when he realized he was not going on any more rides, but I took care of that by bribing him with cotton candy as we walked back to the car.
The day after the fair has actually been a really hard day for me - lots and lots of headaches and dizzy spells. I have been suffering from those a bit in the last week or two and they have been really bad today. I think last night was harder on me than I thought. I'm coming to terms with the fact that being pregnant with twins will be different than my last pregnancy and I need to acknowledge my limits. Still - its hard when you have a 2 year old and want to do lots of fun things with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment