Friday, March 26, 2010

Birthdays on March 30th!

The girls looked the same as they did Tuesday, so we did not have to be admitted to the hospital today. Yay! We have the weekend to spend with Will, and the girls will be delivered on Tuesday, March 30th. I will be 35 weeks exactly on that day.

Last night was a flurry of anxiety, so I am glad I wasn't staying at the hospital today - its glorious to have these 3 more days of "extra" time. My bags were packed, and everything was pretty much together for me to be admitted. But there are little things that now we can officially finish with before the girls come. For instance, I bought a mini-crib for our room that Ellis had not assembled yet. Lets just say he had a teensy bit of trouble (read: LOTS of trouble) putting it together last night and by 10:30 I told him to STOP and we'd worry about it later. :-)

Mostly, though, I will be resting this weekend. The doctor said I did not have to be on bed rest, but she just wanted me to take it very easy and to rest a lot. And to make sure that I am feeling lots of movement from the girls each hour. We plan to spend lots of time with Will - maybe take him to the movies, things like that.

The reason they want to deliver the twins at 35 weeks, we learned, is less to do with the weight discrepancy of the twins and more to do with the placentas. The numbers measuring the output, etc of the placentas are getting high, which means that my body is having a harder time pushing the blood and nutrients through the placentas to the girls. This will only get worse the longer we go. My OB would rather deliver the girls next week than run the risk that the placentas actually get deep in abnormal measurements. She had consulted with a high risk OB who agreed. According to March of Dimes, 35 weeks is the average delivery time of twins (according to my brief internet research). The doctor said they should do just fine - might need a little time in the NICU but should be able to breathe fine. I sure hope so, and will continue to take it easy, rest, and concentrate on feeling lots of movement and kicks between now and Tuesday.

Thank you for all of your good thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement!

3 comments:

Ariail said...

Great News!

Jennifer said...

YAY!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

We wish you guys the best!!