Sunday, March 21, 2010

Voila! Its done!



Today, we put the finishing touches on the nursery. Carter and Catie's names on the wall came out way more hot pink than I intended, but it is growing on me. I'm pleased with the room overall - reusing just about everything of Will's but still making it pink and girly. The only new thing (other than bedding and such) is Catie's crib. All of their clothes, blankets, etc are washed, folded and ready. Car seats are put together and waiting for installation (Ellis will do it while I'm at the hospital if they come unexpectedly because I'm not sending Will to the third row with no one in the middle). Swings and bouncey seats are set up and ready. I don't have a "just in case" bag packed, but I'll do it next weekend.

My body is really changing - the girls' kicks are rarely comfortable anymore because they obviously don't have any room. I think there is a nerve one of them likes to step on sometimes that stops me in my tracks and shoots pain down my leg. Yea - that lots of fun. Just in the last couple of days I have felt a huge difference of what I can and can't do. BUT I'm still determined to try and make it to April 15th. It would be wonderful for them if I can.

A slight change in one of their names that I don't think I ever "documented" here. About a month ago I agonized that Carter's name (originally Carter Ellis) was just too boyish and ambiguous. I wanted her to have a name that would give her a pretty girl name in there too. So, she is Carter Elizabeth. Catie is still Catherine Margaret.

Will has got their names down pat and likes to say "hi" to them in my belly. This morning, he even kissed my belly and told them he loved them. :-)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The nursery is precious!! Now the count down is on! I'll be thinking about you in these last few weeks and praying that you make it to April 15th!

jaime said...

Adorable nursery! You can't tell the names are hot pink in the photos - just beautiful! Good luck in the final stretch!