I can't believe how quickly my little boy is growing. Hooray for soy formula because Will really is a completely different baby. (And I suspect some of it just has to do with the fact that he is almost 2 months old now.) Will now goes down for naps and doesn't have to always sleep in somebody's arms. (Although Ellis and I still enjoy snuggling up with him!!) He also seems to finally have his days and nights right, going to sleep for longer and quicker at night -- well, usually anyway. At night, I no longer have to sleep in that modified inclined-type position I used to. He wakes up to eat every 3-4 hours. Ellis takes duty from 10pm-2am and then I take over from 2am. After he eats, we get Will asleep in his car seat in his room and then turn on the monitor and go back to bed. (Yes, he still only sleeps in the car seat.) During the day, he is starting to take naps. I am able to get things done around the house while he naps. As much as I love holding and snuggling with him, it is so nice to get a break for a few hours each day. I really feel like my world is getting more "normal." :) We're finally getting the hang of this parent-thing. (Don't get me wrong - still tons of challenges and I'm still leary of taking him anywhere by myself, but it is all getting a little easier day by day.)
When Will is awake, he is so alert and playful now. Yesterday, I decided to try his bumpo seat just to see what he would do. Although babies aren't supposed to use it until they have full head control, Will LOVES it. He loves to be able to sit up and look at us. He just giggles and laughs. It is so much fun to interact with him. (A short video of his first time in the seat is in the post above.)
Other big milestones is that he now eats at least 4 ounces - usually 5 ounces - of formula. (It was 2-3 for a while.) So we've moved on to the big bottles now. He has also moved up a size in diapers!! Bye-bye newborn-size and hello size 1! (Julie actually pointed out to us that she was surprised he was still in newborn diapers when she and Josh visited Will this weekend. Ellis and I never really thought about moving him up a size because the diapers did still fit. But then we thought about it and realized they were starting to leak more and more. So, we put the size 1 on and I think even Will likes them better!) These size 1 diapers seem so big though! I can't believe how big my baby is.
I must admit - the first 5 weeks were quite rough. Somedays I just wondered how we were going to do this. But so many people told us it gets easier. They also told us we would not
"remember" how hard it was or how little sleep we really got. At one point, Ellis told me that all that must be true because otherwise no one would do it more than once! :) And everyone was so right. Already, the difficulty of those early weeks is becoming a fuzzy memory. What I really remember is how small, cute, and vulnerable, little Will was and how fast he is growing now. I love him SOOOOOOO much!!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad we got to meet little Will. He is absolutely precious!
Post a Comment