Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Six Weeks

My little boy turned 6 weeks today! I really noticed lately that he is getting so much bigger. I promise to get updated pictures loaded on to blogger soon to share.

Will has been on the Neocate formula since last Saturday. He continues to do better and better. He and I even did our first outing alone together on Monday. I felt like it was the biggest accomplishment ever!! I went downtown to his pediatrician's office to get more Neocate to give to Will. (Thank God the doctor is still giving me free samples of the stuff. Neocate is like liquid gold it is so freakin' expensive.) And I stopped by the dry cleaner's on the way home. I thought about getting a few items at the grocery store too, but decided not to push it. I know it seems small, but it felt great to do something completely on my own with Will.

In the wee hours of tomorrow morning, I am going to start nursing Will again. (I will probably give him the last formula bottle around 2am.) Please keep your fingers crossed that this time he will accept my milk. I am not sure we will keep nursing if this does not work. Also, poor Will, now has constipation to deal with. We are giving him prune juice mixed with formula 3 times a day. We just started today, and I really hope that gets better. Poor guy's face would turn red and he would literally cry out in pain from the constipation. I told him this afternoon that I promised all these intestinal problems would get better soon. I sure hope so because it is heartbreaking to see my baby hurt.

Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary come in to town this weekend to meet their nephew for the first time. I am so excited for them to meet Will!!

Also, Will's baby cousin will be born on Friday. We are so excited for Aunt Kathy and Uncle Clarence and Cousin Kate. We can't wait to meet the little girl soon!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your first outing! Before you know it, you'll be carrying him everywhere!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe Will is already 6 weeks old. And, I haven't even met him yet!

My first outing with Alex was to Target. It was a huge disaster. It started pouring down rain while we were in Target, and I did not have an umbrella. Then, Alex started screaming to eat. I did not have a bottle or anything. We ended up getting soaked and then he breastfed in the car and screamed the entire way home. It was pretty much miserable. Sounds like you are doing much better than we did!!!!