It all started Tuesday morning when Ellis woke up early in the morning with the stomach virus. He was out of commission, resting and sleeping all day long. Meanwhile, I started to feel myself catching a cold that Will seemed to have had off and on for the past couple of weeks.
Then, Wednesday night and Wednesday morning I caught the stomach virus. Ellis and Will were fine, and they went off to day care and work. Thankfully, the stomach virus did not catch a hold on me very much and I was done with the worst part of it Wednesday morning, but I never got a chance to rest and sleep it off. 10:30 am on Wednesday I get a call from work with an "emergency filing!" that had to take place by Friday and as soon as I hung up, the phone rings again from the day care saying that Will had a fever of 101.
So much for sleeping - I dashed to day care to get Will. I brought him home, thinking at any moment he would start throwing up - but he didn't. I let him watch TV all day while I typed away on my laptop to deal with the "emergency!" and several other "emergencies!" at work that just couldn't seem to take care of themselves while I was home sick and with a sick child. (Can you tell I'm bitter?)
Late Wednesday afternoon, Will's fever spiked to almost 103. I have not ever seen him that sick - at least not in a really really long time. But motrin brought it back down. He had a nasty chest cold with lots of congestion, so I figured it was just a bad cold that we had to work through.
I got to work very early Thursday morning with the intention of finishing the "emergency!" by noon to get home so Ellis could get to work for his 50,000 meetings. In the end - thank God Dad was willing to watch Will for us. I hate that we have likely now exposed him and my mom to some nasty cold virus. But I was unable to leave work until 5 because of all the "emergencies!" and Ellis was stuck in meetings all day.
By Thursday night - I was SICK again. Really sick with a nasty cold. And Will was not any better. He spent the night sleeping in our bed - severe congestion and coughing. I knew I had to get him to the doctor.
Trip to the doctor today revealed that ... drum roll please ... Will has a double ear infection! He hasn't had an ear infection since he was 8 months old and got tubes, which have since both fallen out. We are hopeful this is a winter virus thing and not a chronic ear infection again that will require more tubes. There is a nasty cold virus going around Will's day care that has caused RSV and pneumonia in other kids there, so I'm thinking Will caught it and it gave him ear infections.
I'm determined that tomorrow Will and I both will be better. I'm off to take the piddly little medication a pregnant woman can take for my congestion and coughing, and off to get a LONG night's sleep. :-)
Oh spring and warm weather - where are you!!?
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! I hope you all are feeling better soon!
Post a Comment